I needed some decent shots of my work to go on the poster for the open studio. Classically, these needed to be ready before any of the work was actually finished. Ho hum.
Not one to hide from a challenge I took in my decent camera, and some old roofing slates for a background, set everything up and then fired away at lunchtime. I bought the camera for use in museums so it’s pretty good at working with available light and not flashing – a godsend for close-up work.
Some of the resulting pics were tweaked very slightly in photoshop to adjust the contrast – I didnt have the time or the knowledge to do more. Must sign up for the photographing ceramics course at the City lit!
Here’s the results – and a sneak preview of the work…
The work I did with Deborah Boden over the summer also arrived this week – a very exciting parcel – so I also took some shots of those: